You can sign up by clicking on the button below the course or email us your info and interests from our Contact page and we’ll work out dates that work for you. Don’t worry if you don’t have enough people we will put you together with someone.
Gord Fulcher: President and Chief Instructor
Certified and Current Sail Canada Basic Cruising Instructor
Certified Sail Canada VHF Marine Radio ROC-M (DSC) Instructor
Certified Pleasure Craft Operators Certificate (PCOC) Examiner
First Aid Certified
President Sooke Sailing Association
Member Blue Water Cruising Association
Member and VHF Marine Radio Instructor, Brentwood Bay, Canadian Power and Sail Squadron
Member of Sooke Chamber of Commerce
What to Bring for overnight trips.
We encourage our sailors to pack light as space on Starlight is limiting. Weather can be variable on the West Coast, so bringing clothing you can layer is ideal.
Here’s a list of clothing we recommend:
- Footwear: Boat shoes, Teva-type sandals or tennis shoes.
- Clothing: Foul weather/Rain gear, fleece jacket, long johns or janes, soft-sided duffel bag (not hard-sided luggage).
- Personal: Sleeping bag (pillow provided), beach towel & facecloth, sunglasses with idiot string and side protection,sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher), toiletries, personal journal, glasses / contact lenses (and spares), special medication, gravol (non-drowsy), and cell phone & charger.
- Entertainment: CD’s, reading material, and games.
- Documentation: Current driver’s license, current passport, birth certificate copy, next of kin contact information, PCOC Card, other sailing qualifications (if you have any), sailing logbook (we can provide), evidence of travel insurance coverage, and fishing license if you wish to fish or gather shellfish.
Gord’s a great guy, great sailor & great instructor; you’ll have fun & learn a lot!
Gord shares his knowledge and love of sailing in a way that is both fun and practical. He is easy-going and patient – no walking the plank on the Starlight, that’s for sure!
I found Gord easy to be around and fun to learn from. I started with no sailing experience and within a couple of months I had the confidence to skipper my own boat. I still take courses through Gord and enjoy sailing with him whenever I can. I highly recommend Starlight Sailing Adventures.